To celebrate 2 years of Soundtrack Your Life, we present to you a very special guest: Craig Wedren, the former Shudder to Think front man, and current TV/Film composer.
Craig fronted the highly influential rock band, Shudder to Think in the late 80s/early 90s before the band turned to soundtrack work. Shudder to Think soundtracked Jesse Peretz’s 1997 film, First Love, Last Rites and 1998’s Lisa Cholodenko’s 1998 film, High Art. Craig continued to work the TV/Film space, creating music for films such as Wet Hot American Summer, School of Rock, and Role Models as well as TV shows like Reno 911, Don’t Trust the B*tch in Apartment 23, Fresh Off the Boat, Shrill, New Amsterdam and Yellow Jackets.
Shudder to Think happened to be on the bill for Ryan’s first concert and Ryan has followed Craig’s career ever since. They chat about:
- How Craig got a crash course in film scoring in college
- How he continues to work with his crew from college
- How the all-star vocal roster for First Love, Last Rites came about
- Why he has a vocal coach credit for Anchorman
- Returning to Wet Hot American Summer for Netflix
- How Craig met collaborators: Theodore Shapiro, Jefferson Friedman, and Anna Warronker
For More Information about Craig Wedren: